There are so many variations for recycling and reusing materials that we no longer need. DIY Egg Carton is an original way to reuse egg cartons made up of a multitude of cardboard shapes. The material is light and the texture of the cardboard ensures a pleasant feeling when you touch it. You will be delighted with the many animals, flowers, toys and decorations you can make. For these projects you will only need a few simple materials like paints, glue, toy eyes, paper baking molds, pipe cleaners and more. We have prepared for you a series of photos illustrating fun DIY variations with egg carton.
DIY egg carton is fun, easy and helps you spend time with your kids
For these egg carton blue whales all you need is cardboard, a few pipe cleaners, eyes or markers, paints and a bit of paper. You will also need glue. Drill through the top of the painted shapes and pass the cleaners as shown to form a fountain. Glue the eyes, or if you don’t have eyes like the ones shown, draw them. Then cut out the fins and glue them to the body, your quick and super easy whale is ready..
Easy whale to make with your kids – craft with fun egg carton
To make a cardboard caterpillar you will need:
- a cardboard box of eggs
- a pair of scissors
- paint – orange and green
- plastic straws or pipe cleaners
- a puncher
How to create them:
- Take the egg carton and cut it so that it leaves you with a row of at least six shapes intact
- Paint the row with green acrylic paint
- Using a hole punch or a sharp object make two small holes at the corners of the first shape
- Take a piece of pipe cleaner and pass it through the holes
- Then straighten the ends of the cleaner and twist the ends to form the horns
- Glue the eyes or draw them with the markers
- If you want you can drill holes to fit feet
Colorful caterpillar – DIY with egg carton
A multi-colored caterpillar with feet
There are many different ways to make a flower from egg carton since there are many types of flowers. But for these pretty daffodils you will need:
- cardboard egg box
- pipe cleaners
- yellow crepe paper
- colored scotch
- scissors, it is better to take a pair of curved scissors to succeed in creating realistic shapes
- acrylic paint – white and yellow
- a tool to drill
First you need to:
- Take two different cardboard boxes
- Cut out the shapes of the egg cartons
- Form the petals from the egg shapes. Draw lines with a pencil and divide the shapes into six or more equal sections, then cut them
- For the crown in the center of the flower use the triangular shape and cut small Vs in the upper part
Then you have to paint the shapes yellow and white or whatever you want and put some glue at the bottom of the first shape and below the second to glue them together.
To make the rod:
- After the glued shapes dry pierce the back of the flower and coat a pipe cleaner with scotch tape
- Take a small part of the crepe paper and put a little glue on the end of the rod. Then pack with the paper
- Insert the stem into the hole of the flower and your radiant daffodil is ready.!
After creating some daffodils you can put them in a vase or in a paper bag to create this beautiful decoration.
Do-it-yourself artificial daffodil – lthe stages of creation:
Egg cart trucks are easy to make and very friendly.
- Take a box and cut out from the bottom a row with two shapes and one with six shapes (If it’s an eight egg box you just need to cut a small line with two shapes and your two parts are ready)
- From the top cut a piece once bigger than the small row and once smaller than the big one
- Take the piece with the six shapes and glue the other two pieces from the box so that they form the truck
Make trucks in no time
Creative and friendly, this little rooster can be tinkered with an egg carton. If you cut a piece of the cardboard and change the natural shape a bit, you will create the impression of a set of head and wings. To create this craft you will need cardboard, glue and paint. For the crest and the beak you can also use materials to recycle. When you are finished you can paint the roosters in different colors to give them a colorful look. It will be a wonderful decoration for Easter.
A rooster carrying an egg
For each crocodile you will need:
- three egg cartons, two for eight eggs and one for six
- crepe paper or other colored paper
How to make the crocodile
- First of all paint the boxes green and wait until they dry
- Take the two eight-egg cartons and turn them face to face. Then glue or tie the boxes but without fixing the part with the first four compartments. It will be the mouth
- Adjust the six-egg box so that it covers the upper part of the crocodile leaving the mouth free.
- Draw the nose and eyes
- Cut out a line from the colored cardboard and make triangles to mimic a beast fin if you want.
- Cut out one or more strips of the paper to make the tongue and glue it
DIY crocodiles with green painted egg boxes
With these pretty flowers created from egg carton we can make a beautiful light garland
Awesome witch mask – the triangular shapes perfectly mimic the relief of the monstrous face
A cool idea – make a palette with an egg box
Make bouquets of flowers by cutting and coloring the boxes
DIY decoration for Halloween
Small helicopters super original
You cut, paint, glue, decorate and you have your little chickens