The photos you hold dear deserve a special place in the house. Show them off with an original and personalized photo frame that is sure to be eye-catching. All you need to make it happen is a little time and a little creativity. For the rest, we give you the good DIY ideas. We can also take the opportunity to dress a wall that looks gray or to liven up a too bland corner in the house. In wood, cardboard, diverted object or jumbled fashion, whatever the frame model you choose, you will easily find the most original way to display your photos among our ideas and tutorials.
Embroidery hoop transformed into an original photo frame
Idea n ° 1: Embroidery hoop transformed into an original photo frame
Necessary material :
- 25 cm embroidery hoop
- paper flowers
- circular cutter
- wide ribbon
- hot glue gun
- pair of scissors
- Using a circular cutter, cut out your photo in the shape of a circle.
- Thread a ribbon through the middle of the drum.
- Glue the photo on the ribbon with hot glue.
- Glue paper flowers all around the wooden circle.
A photo frame that also serves as a pretty wall decoration
Idea # 2: Book photo frame
- old hardcover books
- an X-Acto precision cutter
- a metal ruler
- protective sleeves for sheets
- photos in the appropriate format
- pencil, scissors, masking tape and sheets of paper
- cutting mat (optional)
- Cut a rectangle a little smaller than the photo to frame from the sheet of paper.
- Place your photo in the center of the book and trace its outline in pencil. Use a ruler to make sure the photo is centered.
- Cut out the rectangle in the blanket using a precision cutter.
- Put the photo in a protective sleeve and cut out along the edges.
- Attach the photo below the window.
What to do with your old books? We divert them into photo frames
Recycle books into original photo frames
Idea # 3: Personalized photo frame with tissue paper
- a classic photo frame
- tissue paper in different colors
- Mod Podge glue
- a brush
- pair of scissors
- Remove the back plate and the glass from the photo frame.
- Cut small triangles from the tissue paper sheets.
- Apply a layer of glue varnish to the frame and glue the pieces of paper by overlapping them. Press lightly on them to seal them.
- Once all the elements are glued, apply Mod Podge glue-varnish.
Personalized photo frame with graphic patterns in tissue paper
Customizing a photo frame has never been easier
Idea # 4: Customize an IKEA photo frame
Necessary material :
- IKEA RIBBA picture frame
- scrapbooking paper
- decorative clothespins
- Start by disassembling the photo frame.
- Cut out a piece of scrapbooking paper the same size as the back of the frame.
- Glue the printed paper on the back.
- Cut pieces of string and tape them to the back of the back.
- All that remains is to hang up the photos with the clothespins.
Custom IKEA photo frame with floral print paper and rope
Customize a wooden photo frame with paint
A few brush strokes are enough to give this wooden photo frame a makeover
Personalize a wooden photo frame with the pyrography technique
Photo holder in wood and burlap
A glass and metal herbarium photo frame
A wooden photo collage with drawing clips
Hanging photo collage
Mobile support for your Polaroid prints
Wired collage to display your photos differently
Wall frame dressed in burlap
Photo shelf with integrated candle holder
Wooden door knob turned into original photo holder
Photo frame with round cut-out mount
Origami design photo frame
Large multi-photo frame with pompom embellishments
Hula hoop hoop hijacked in jumble
Rustic wooden jumble with clothespins
Original photo frame with nature design
Creative idea to decorate your wall frames
Lace effect doilies transformed into photo frames
Personalized gift idea for Mother’s Day: customize a photo frame with buttons
Mini photo frames in ice cream sticks
Dress a simple wooden frame with fabric scraps
An original photo frame adorned with embroidery
Photo frame dressed in wool in the spirit of cocooning decoration
Window hijacked in large picture frame
Personalized gift for Father’s Day: photo frame with lego figures
Original photo frame in ice cream sticks
Acrylic floating photo frame
Rainbow photo frame
An excellent decorative idea: a round wall jumble with string and clothespins
Painting a wavy photo frame
Original photo frame in a poster frame style
A support for photo frames in recycled pallet