Is your sleeping area lacking in character? Do not rush to change the furniture. You can give it a facelift without breaking the bank and without undertaking long renovations. Start your little bedroom makeover project by making a uniquely designed wooden headboard. Making a wooden headboard is also a DIY within everyone’s reach, thanks to various wooden objects that can be recycled endlessly. Whatever it is in reclaimed materials found in an attic or in plywood panels bought in hardware stores, your wood-finished headboard instantly transforms the decor of the room..
How to make a wooden headboard that will be a real decorative accent? The answer in more than 100 inspiring photos
Soft and refined reclaimed decor with a recycled wood headboard and a ladder shelf
Project number 1: Make a wooden headboard with an original design
Necessary material :
- plywood (corresponding to the dimensions of your bed)
- ruler, pair of scissors
- adhesive pads
- jigsaw, sander
- Before you begin, determine the design of your headboard. Cut out house silhouettes of various shapes and sizes from newspaper to create the desired model.
- Using adhesive pads, attach the cut paper to the plywood in the desired order. Trace the outlines of the city on the plywood in pencil using the patterns you just cut out. Use a transparent ruler for precise lines.
- Pinch the plywood with a clamp to immobilize it.
- Spend the jigsaw along the pencil lines. Then sand the edges to make them smoother as possible.
- All you have to do is hang up your wooden plank.
City silhouette cut out from plywood
Experiment with silhouettes of various shapes and sizes
You already have a headboard with a unique design
Wooden headboard with geometric patterns
Project number 2
Necessary material :
- wood glue
- Miter saw
- spring clip
- diagonal cut wooden planks, 10 pieces of white wood and 10 pieces of natural wood
- Place the wooden cleats end to end on the plywood, alternating the white pieces and the natural wood pieces, so that the ends of the short side touch the ends of the longer side. You thus create a kind of zig zag pattern..
- Determine the location of the inverted pattern and mark the cut marks on the wood. Use the miter saw to cut 45 ° angles.
- Provide pieces of wood to make the edges of the plywood.
- Glue the planks to the plywood panel using wood glue. Leave to dry overnight.
Contemporary design with geometric lines
Project number 3
- a 9.5 mm thick plywood panel, cut to the dimensions of the bed
- 2 wooden beams 100 × 100 mm, length 240 cm
- construction adhesive
- Danish oil (product finishing and protection for wood)
- of polyurethane varnish and oil-based quick-drying
- 80 grit sandpaper
- oil-based wood primer
- brushes, rags
Steps of realization:
- Before you begin, determine the desired size of your headboard and wood blocks. The model below was carried out with wood blocks of different thickness. Calculate their number based on the size of the board.
- Using a rag, apply two coats of Danish oil to all beams, allow the finish to penetrate before wiping the wood surface with the rag.
- Cut the cleats into wooden blocks.
- Sand the surface of the blocks with sandpaper before applying the primer. Let dry.
- Apply the stain of your choice. Let dry and assemble the rows of wood blocks using the adhesive. Apply spray varnish to protect the surface and make it shine.
How to make a headboard out of wooden blocks? Choose a model of blocks of different sizes for a relief effect.
Pallet headboard topped with a black and white photo gallery
A wooden headboard palette that takes place along the wall
Natural wood brings a warm touch to the monochrome atmosphere
Barn door headboard with sky for a fancy ambiance in the bedroom
Natural wood and touches of pastel
Chevron pattern for a contemporary and chic design
We play the card of subtlety with a plywood headboard
Add more character to the white bedroom with a simple plywood headboard
Personalize the wooden headboard with geometric patterns using the masking tape technique
Exotic decor with tropical printed patterns and a bamboo headboard
Make a shabby chic style headboard by recovering our old doors
Recycled shutters at the headboard and bedside tables for a pretty seaside atmosphere
Reclaimed-style bedroom with a pallet bed and a headboard with old doors
The minimalist look of the plywood headboard suits all tastes and styles
The wooden plank headboard brings out the green bedside table and the pastel-colored cushions
Minimalist decor with a plywood headboard
Customized wooden headboard with painted rope in shades of blue
Wake up the decor with a colorful headboard
Rustic-looking pallet headboard that contrasts with the white paneling
Mismatched planks for a semi-industrial, semi-rustic look
To enhance it more, we decorate the plywood headboard with an XXL poster
Turquoise accent asserted in a Moroccan bedroom
Bohemian chic spirit and raw wood headboard
Trendy headboard with geometric lines made from a plywood panel
Pallet headboard in a monochrome bedroom
So that we each have their own side of the bed
Recycled garden trellis as an original headboard
Reclaimed wood headboard with pretty curved lines
Partition headboard with storage space
Nature atmosphere with printed patterns and dark wood accents
Assemble several oars to create an original headboard
Combine mismatched wooden planks for a unique design
Make a fantastic pallet headboard
Industrial loft atmosphere with an exposed brick wall, workshop furniture and a reclaimed headboard
Ethnic chic bedroom
Making a pallet wood headboard – it’s simple and it’s style
Cozy and bohemian chic atmosphere
Bed made entirely of recovered pallets
Budget Kid’s Room Makeover: Making a Wooden Headboard
How to make a chevron patterned wooden headboard ?