In ordinary residential areas, the area of the walls exceeds the total square of the floor and ceiling. Already by virtue of this, the need for a thorough and even picky approach to wall decor is obvious. Decorating with the use of stencils is one of the rather unusual and, at the same time, many common decorating techniques. The ways «non-standard» paints also have a long tradition and many specific designs.
With a certain minimum of skills, you can create them yourself in a few minutes. Of course, some complex varieties of these templates can take many hours to produce. According to how the drawing is applied, the original clichés are divided into several varieties:
- Simple or in one color scheme. These are the ones that are used for fast and clear labeling..
- Complex or combined. Here, using several templates and applied colors, you can embody an image of almost any complexity.
- Volumetric variety. When the stencil fragments themselves are made of plastic or metal. The drawing is then applied with putty.
- Reverse or «minus» sample. Here the area around such a fragment is painted over. And the areas closed by him turn out to be, as it were, flickering along the contour..
Today, you can buy ready-made cliches of various types and patterns at the points of sale of the corresponding profile or on the Internet. They are made from PVC records or foil on a durable vinyl backing.
Choosing the location of such a pattern and thinking through the image itself in all details, in fact, is the most important part of the entire decor process. Such compositions look very natural on the walls near beds, tables, next to windows and doors..
- it is better to make the template on a plotter, so it will be possible to avoid irregularities and burrs;
- the wall to be decorated must be smooth, free from dirt and moisture;
- first you need to try drawing on a piece of wallpaper or plywood. So you can practice and see how everything will look on the wall;
- working with a spray or sponge, brush or roller, it must be remembered that the minimum amount of paint should be applied. Before applying to the wall, it is better to transfer the excess to the same old wallpaper..
Painting walls can turn them into stylish and eye-catching murals. This requires desire, coupled with imagination and some unusual ways of working. There are several relatively simple and effective techniques for original wall painting. They can be used by a person without possession of any special skills and work experience. Before the actual work, it will be quite enough here to try one or another method of painting on a piece of drywall, plywood or just thick paper.
The ideal option here would be a real sea sponge. A sponge for washing a car will also work. Foam rubber will definitely not work. It leaves its particles on the surface to be decorated..
Previously, the wall section is painted over with the main color scheme. Only after complete drying can you start decorating. The sponge, soaked in water and well wrung out, is slightly moistened with a water-based dye of a lighter or darker (compared to the original) shade. The application of the layer is carried out with a touch-blotting motion, without strong pressure. Here you can’t rush and take a lot of paint into the sponge at once. You should also strive for maximum uniformity of the resulting layer..
At the end of the work, the wall must be allowed to dry completely. This usually takes less than an hour as the coating is very thin. Further, a similar cycle can be repeated more than once, each time changing the applied shade. As a result, a unique texture and complex color depth will be obtained on the surface..
Using a rag
Here, too, a carrier color layer is pre-created. After it dries completely with a two- or three-inch brush, on an area of about 1-1.2 sq. painting with a slightly lighter color scheme is carried out. Immediately across this area, a previously twisted rag roller is rolled in different directions and without stopping. You need to keep a few of these rag rolls in stock. If one is impregnated with paint, then it is changed to fresh.
The resulting unpredictable pattern with a kind of textile drawing of the smallest details gives a truly unique wall decoration. This is how a selected area or a whole wall can be painted..
You can also experiment with brushes of different bristle stiffness. You can rub the paint with a semi-dry brush. The main thing is to get the result that will be pleasing to the eye and will not discord with other design and furnishings..