The sun is smiling at us again, the beautiful days are indeed here! We are therefore thinking of renovating and decorate your garden for the new season! And this is where we come in, to offer you lots of great ideas for the layout of your outdoor spaces. You will also see accessories to make yourself. By spending more and more time outdoors, we would like to have a garden that immerses us in a magical and exotic atmosphere. What are the styles and elements that help you make this wish come true??
Trends in garden design
The basic question you are going to ask yourself is: “What is my lifestyle and how will I use my garden?” “Are you going to grow fruits and vegetables there, do you need to install furniture there for parties with friends, or do you want to create a landscaped garden, in an Asian style? It all depends on your priorities and, first and foremost, the outdoor space you have.
- The light effects interesting: the fairy lights and the luminaries scattered in the strategic corners of your garden, the metal lanterns, the candlesticks… As you will see later in this article, there are models which you can make yourselves, starting from jam jars, for example, or any other container – jar or vase – with an attractive shape. Garlands can form interesting patterns in tree branches or you can arrange them on hedges. Or above your garden furniture, where you will spend your evenings with friends. More complex, the illuminations of the stairs with LEDs, arranged in a zig zag, even better if the light is in bright color …
- The colorful accessories: we indulge in making them ourselves with synthetic pearls and metal. And they are arranged among plants and flowers, to accentuate particular areas of your garden and to make them shine in the sun. We decorate the branches of the trees with colored balls of metallic wire of different sizes, to create a magical and playful atmosphere. You can paint small pots, drill a small hole on their bottoms and string them into a garland, with which you can decorate a gloomy corner, to make it more cheerful..
- The salvage items: Old teapots, metal basins, pieces of boat oars, spoons and utensils that you no longer need, are wonderful basic elements, from which you can make wonderful garden accessories. And the colorful dishes that are in pieces, you can use to make pretty mosaics. The cut and painted plastic bottles serve as beautiful plant holders, which you can hang on the fence, for example. Pallet wood patio furniture is a hit.
Decorate your garden with light garlands: magic in the air!
A table covered with mosaic in bright colors for an exotic atmosphere
- The mosaics: a mosaic garden table plan in exotic colors, details accentuated by colored pieces, all these elements will take you out of your way in places that you associate with a dream vacation.
- The mirrors: if you have old mirrors, you can use them for your garden decoration. The older they are, the better. You can put them on the ground, in front of an original plant arrangement, for example. Or hang them on an outside wall of the house. You can have two or three mirrors in the corners of your outdoor space, they will produce crazy effects. The mirror frame is very important, it is part of the decoration, so think about the allusions you want to create. Oval shapes and baroque ornaments are trendy. But your choice will also be dictated by the mood you want to achieve. If the surface of the mirror has stains, it is even better. The vintage spirit is welcome in the garden of 2018.
- The Gothic and Baroque themes: very fashionable now. Reproducing a past era in your garden is an idea that will help you in your mission of disorientation. A journey through time is beneficial for your well-being. It is by creating an atmosphere typical of ancient times that you will transform your outdoor space into a special oasis, where you will indulge in sweet romantic reflections.
- The japanese themes: we find them very often and during this new season they are one of the popular trends. It is about reproducing a landscape in miniature format. Water is an essential element of this type of development. You could install small bridges over the water that should be moving, as prescribed for this type of garden. Green plants are strongly present, to the detriment of flowers. The stones covered with green moss give an aspect of antique decor. Lanterns mark certain areas, illuminating them with a mysterious light at night. The asymmetry is welcome here, the straight lines – not so much. The Japanese say, “Harmony is born out of imbalance. This is why the rocks and trees in your Japanese-themed garden should form asymmetrical effects. Plants for this type of decor: maple, oak, fruit trees, pines, bamboo and slow growing shrubs. Garden furniture is not present here. If you go for one or two, choose them in natural material and not synthetic.
- The pastel colors, pistachio green, orange and fuchsia are the colors for the 2018 garden accessories. Look for contrast effects – for example a radiant garden armchair in fuchsia and a wall in pistachio green. Or a corner of a wall in royal blue with plant pots in yellow, red and orange.
Decorate your garden with recovered objects and transformed into fun elements
Install Indian teepees for outdoor children’s play
A layout in pastel colors
Why not install a shower in your garden? Here is an idea:
Small decorative elements with plants
Buckets used as wall decoration
Details are very important for a successful decor
A brilliant garden accessory
An idea for a fairy tale atmosphere in the garden
A pergola decorated with hanging flower pots
Foldable furniture for the garden
Do-it-yourself lanterns from jam jars
A decoration for the garden in front of the house
Bamboo lanterns and rattan garden furniture for this friendly garden corner
Windmills made from tin cans
Decorative balls in metal wire for a playful atmosphere in your garden
An oval mirror in baroque style for a refined atmosphere
Here is another idea to use a mirror recovered in your attic, to make your garden elegant.
A chair transformed into a plant holder
Beautiful contrasts between the mint green wall and the pink garden armchair. All completed with a beautiful vintage mirror
Colorful pieces of broken dishes can serve you as elements, to create beautiful mosaic accents
Romantic garden design
Decorate your garden in white and blue
Here is how to create a family of Minions with a few pots colored in blue and yellow
An arty flamingo as a garden accessory
A beautiful synthetic flower among natural flowers, to create beautiful light effects
A boho chic atmosphere
A fun composition with objects recovered
A few garlands above the furniture in your garden – only memorable evenings in perspective!
In gothic style
A garden accessory that sets the mood, made from old objects that have been repainted in radiant colors
A chat room under a tree with a large crown, adorned with lanterns of different shapes and colors
Half-cut, orange-painted plastic bottles serve as plant holders
A corner of the garden made in cheerful colors
Moroccan-style lanterns gently illuminate this garden
A refined little accessory among the plants
Chinese-style lanterns in vibrant colors adorn tree branches
Give your garden individuality, using fancy decor like this one
Three lanterns that change everything
Illuminate your plants with fine garlands
A water well made with tires painted with red brick patterns
Salvaged spade parts to create a charming owl
Another way to decorate the spaces between flowers and plants
A friendly corner of the garden
Old spoons turn into figurines for fun compositions
Pallet wood garden stools, painted in the most cheerful colors
A rocking chair for the relax area
A mattress and a few cushions and you have a sofa among the plants
In a minimalist spirit
Interesting accents in a landscaped garden
Black metal garden furniture, matched with black metal lanterns and black pots for plants
Decorate your garden with cool details
Decorate your garden with a wide variety of colorful plants
Vibrant colors and patterns
In classic style
In a bohemian spirit
Colorful glass garden lamps
Another solution for garden lights
Two gardens decorated in Asian style
The mirror in the garden as an element of the decoration allows very interesting solutions
Decorate your garden with small colorful garland pots
Here are other solutions to decorate your garden in any style:
A small alley with spiral and flower motifs
An old staircase used as a plant holder