All-glass partitions are an excellent solution for zoning the space of any interior, be it a living room, a children’s room or a bedroom. Such structures do not visually conceal the area of the room and practically does not require free space. The popularity of frameless glass partitions is due to a large number of advantages, which include the following features:
- ease of use;
- long service life;
- variety of design solutions;
- high level of light transmission;
- ease of installation;
- safety and durability;
- the possibility of decoration: stained-glass windows, photo printing, sandblasting; painting, etc .;
- relatively fast production time.
Types of all-glass partitions
Sliding frameless partitions can consist of one or more canvas, which moves along the guide track using a carriage with rollers built into the rail. The number of guides can vary from one to two (top and bottom) and depends on the expected weight of the structure. To avoid backlash of the doors, a guide track is additionally installed in the floor, and for ease of use (so as not to stumble), it is usually recessed into the floor.
There are the following types of sliding all-glass partitions:
- radius – have a semicircular shape. Manufactured using curved guides and curved glass;
- folding – folds like a book or an accordion. Number of panels – two (partitions «books») and more (partitions «accordions»). The panels are attached to each other using special hinges;
- compartment – a system of telescopically connected or independent panels moving by means of guides and carriages with rollers;
- suspended – a feature of this type of all-glass partitions consists in their fastening only to the upper part of the ceiling or opening, to which a guide with a built-in roller carriage mechanism is attached.
Stationary frameless partitions are distinguished by high structural reliability and strong fastening of its elements to the floor, ceiling and walls. Partitions of this type are based on several glass panels of the same size, which are installed using clamping profiles. The glass segments are connected to each other by connectors – special fastening fittings that allow the glass to be securely fixed. Stationary systems can be considered an excellent alternative to solid walls: this practice is popular when zoning, for example, office premises, but in a private house or apartment, all-glass partitions will become an excellent zoning element..
A feature of mobile glass partitions is the ease of installation, disassembly or movement, which is due to the simplest design of partitions of this type. Their device makes all-glass sheets of certain sizes, which are fixed using special mounting supports or clamping systems. It is noteworthy that the supports are used when installing glass screens and screens, which are usually made from one or two frameless canvases. Mobile structures consist of all-glass modules, which are fastened to each other by means of base or connecting posts. Modular designs allow you to create partitions of various configurations, which is possible due to the variety of panel connection options.
Transformable partitions look good in any room: offices, apartments, cafes, shopping centers, etc. Their design differs significantly from the design features of the types of all-glass partitions listed above. The basis of the transformable systems are several sections that move only along the upper guide track, and the panels can move independently, folding into a parking lot – a specially designated place equipped in any most convenient part of the room. It is important to note that the design of convertible partitions does not imply the installation of horizontal thresholds, keeping the floor covering intact.
Installation of partitions on video
Types of glass for the production of all-glass partitions
Frameless partitions require the use of extremely reliable glass, which includes the following types:
- triplex – laminated glass. It is made by joining several sheets of ordinary float glass using a polymer composition that reliably holds the layers together. In the event of a strong impact, the pieces will be retained by the polymer, minimizing the likelihood of injury;
- tempered – glass that has undergone heat treatment, as a result of which it is endowed with high indicators of strength and reliability. With a strong impact, the fragments do not have sharp edges;
- reinforced glass presupposes the presence of a metal mesh, which, when the integrity of the glass is destroyed, will retain fractions, preventing them from falling to the floor;
- acrylic (orglass) is a thermoplastic, environmentally friendly material, the strength of which is several times higher than the strength of ordinary sheet glass. On impact, it only cracks into large fragments, which are almost impossible to cut.
All-glass partitions will give visual lightness and airiness to any room, even a small one. Their installation is optimal for zoning or isolating space, and various options for decorating such structures only emphasize the stylistic performance of the interior..