Would you like to create a cool and calming living room, and create a soothing island? We show you how to go about cuddling all of your senses with a Zen living room decor. This style is often minimalist, with colors reminiscent of nature. The basic idea is to favor psychic well-being in your cozy cocoon. The clean lines of the furniture and natural materials are the pillars of this type of decoration. Linen is very popular in the Zen living room. The light is sometimes subdued, sometimes reflected by a round mirror, in accordance with the prescriptions of feng shui.
What are the elements of Zen decor for your living room?
- Furniture with rounded corners, for a feeling of harmony. The armchairs have a rounded, cocoon-like design. Zen style prefers them white or ivory.
- Poufs in round and square shapes. You can install them in various colors, to energize the atmosphere somewhat.
- Large floor cushions are an essential item.
- Yes to low stools and low furniture in general.
- Tables in round shape. You can install two or three, to mark certain areas in your living room. The smaller ones are usually used to accommodate small decorative Zen-style pots and Buddha statuettes.
- The hanging egg chair is now very present in Zen interiors. It reinforces the feeling of well-being and absolute comfort.
- Invite nature into your home, choosing green plants, the more the better. They have a calming effect and the green relaxes our eyes. The most suitable colors for your pots will be terracotta, white or black, gray or ivory.
- Rattan furniture is preferred for a living room furnished in a Zen spirit. Even a single rattan piece of furniture will add charm to your interior and you will feel on vacation all year round..
- The carpet with long synthetic pile or the ethnic carpet is present in your Zen living room. This choice is important, because the carpet is a basic decorative element that creates a concrete atmosphere. Knotted and woven rugs will be a good choice. An Indian-style wall rug, for example, will make the mood in your living room special. Decor in mind weaving is also widely used in zen lounges.
- Candlesticks in the oriental style adorn tables and furniture. There are subtle and sensual aroma diffusers next to it. They predispose to reverie and meditation.
Zen living room decor with rustic style elements
A door dressed in green plants and mint-colored walls
The color green symbolizes nature and has a calming effect on us
The colors of the zen decor
In principle, this type of decoration favors rather neutral colors. Gray is very popular in all its shades. White is a basic color. The decorations based on the principle of the duality of Yin and Yang, black and white, are popular. There are, however, touches of red or orange on the wall panels representing Buddha or on the many cushions on the sofa. Or on the cover of the armchairs or the sofa. The Zen living room also admits yellow, mainly in its pastel shades. Or bright yellow as an accent. Bright colors have the power to excite the senses and the mind and that is why they are not widely used in a Zen living room. The water green color is very suitable for the Zen atmosphere. Just like chocolate and ocher. Taupe is a color that responds very well to the neutrality requirements of Zen rooms. The blue will remind you of the distant sky and oceans and the reseda green has a strong calming effect. Linen color is essential for Zen decor. It is neutral, while at the same time being present. Its delicacy and softness will make your living room refined. Pair it with ivory for chic effects. Its two colors have a mystical presence in the satin and gold finishes.
You can also create associations of colors, for a more complex effect. For example: gray and white, gray and pastel blue, gray and black, gray and reseda. Or, you can match delicate blue and green shades. And the sea green with the white is a harmonious combination to perfection.
Graphic patterns on the floor and black and white stripes on the curtains for an arty Zen atmosphere
A panel with Buddha in blue, a color that gives a wonderful result, matching the gray of the furniture
Pastel tones make the atmosphere soothing
Various shades of green to feel surrounded by nature
A yellow wall and a gray wall for a sparkling Zen decor
Ethnic decor, to get away from it all
A bewitching atmosphere
An ivory-colored wall and a door with an Aztec head poster
Clean lines for the furniture – a Zen living room decor that invites you to let go
The other interiors that we have selected for you:
Gray walls and gray and white furniture
Multicolored Moroccan poufs for a corner where you will sip your Zen soul coffee
Walls decorated with panels in ethnic style, in Yin and Yang colors
A refined decor
A panel in colors that illuminate your living room
An angular sofa with lots of soft cushions
The beige color is one of the basic colors for zen interiors
A sign can create a mystical atmosphere
Install Japanese panels in attractive colors and patterns
An invitation to meditation and withdrawal
In Japanese style
Everything you need to let yourself go to rest
In a cosmopolitan zen spirit
The blue color symbolizes the sky and the oceans
Refined details for a Zen living room decor in Berber style
A living room in minimalist style
Objects for a stylish zen decor
Zen living room decor in white and gray