Do you dream of a pretty Christmas decoration that will brighten up the atmosphere a little? For the house to go into festive mode, every corner must be adorned with original decorations. No question of leaving your windows out. Important elements that connect the inside and the outside, windows are the perfect space to put up a sweet and fairytale Christmas decoration. A beautiful display on the ledge, an original suspension attached to the curtain rod, adhesive stickers and Christmas stencils on the windows … There are plenty of tips that allow you to create an original Christmas window decoration. Quickly discover our ideas for dressing windows at the Christmas party.
Christmas window decoration: our most beautiful decoration ideas to decorate windows at Christmas
A touch of poetry on our windows with a light garland of stars
DIY n ° 1: led light garland of stars
Necessary material :
- led light garland
- transparent white fabric or paper (for this project we used fabric from an Ikea laundry basket)
- golden sequins
- pair of scissors
- sewing machine / thread and needle
- cardboard or thick paper to cut out the pattern
- Draw a star on the cardboard and cut it out.
- Transfer the pattern to the fabric then cut out the marked shapes. Determine the number of stars needed based on the bulbs on your string lights. Multiply them by two (two star faces).
- Sew on the edges of the stars, leaving an opening to slide in the sequins and LEDs.
- Put golden sequins inside.
- Determine the number of leds to put inside each star (here we have put 3 leds per star). Arrange the leds evenly inside the stars, then hand sew all around. All you have to do is hang the garland on the window.
Easy and original Christmas DIY to brighten up the festive days
Enhance the window with this Christmas wreath made of wool pom poms in vitamin colors
DIY # 2: Christmas wreath with pompoms
Necessary material :
- balls of yarn in different colors
- metal frame for crown
- a pompom set (several different sizes)
- pair of scissors
- To make the pom poms, start winding the yarn around the semicircles. You can do several turns for well-supplied pom poms. With the scissors, cut the wool from the semicircles all around. Tie a tight knot around the semicircles, then open the device.
- To make a two-color pompom, wrap two or more colors on the maker pompom.
- Even out the strands with the scissors.
- Fix the pompoms on the metal frame by tying the ends of wool through the iron threads.
- Cut a piece of rope 6 to 8 inches long and tie it around the wreath to hang it from the window.
Easily create your happy pom poms with a pom pom machine
Secure your pom poms all around the metal frame
© Brit & Co
Self-adhesive snowflakes snowy decor
DIY # 3: self-adhesive snowflakes
Necessary material :
- Adhesive paper
- drawing clips
- round object
- Unroll some adhesive paper, then draw a circle on the back of the paper using a round object. Use round shapes of different sizes to create various snowflakes. Cut out the shapes with scissors.
- Fold the circle in half, then in half, then in half again to get a triangular shape. Hold the fold in place with a drawing clip.
- With the scissors, cut small shapes all around the paper.
- Remove the paper.
- Place the snowflakes on the glass by pressing on them.
Traditional Christmas decoration to make out of paper
DIY n ° 4: Christmas window decoration with chalk felt
To make this pretty Christmas window decoration, all you need is a chalk marker and a little patience. Are you not good at calligraphy? We recommend the excellent book The big book of chalk lettering which will teach you how to easily draw patterns and simple words with chalk. We recommend that you practice the different types of lettering on scrap paper before you start..
The steps to make the drawings on glass:
- Start by drawing the shape of a double banner.
- Write the words with hollow capital letters inside the banner.
- Emphasize the letters and make the shadows.
- Add the word “Merry” in handwriting.
- Draw snowflakes.
Banner with pretty handwriting made with chalk felt
Window designs have never been so fun
DIY n ° 5: snowflakes to stick on the windows
- embossed fabric paint
- transparent tape
- pattern with snowflakes patterns to print
- freezer bag
- Cut out the zipper from the freezer bag. Put in the boss.
- Hold in place with a bit of transparent tape.
- Outline the snowflakes using the relief paint. Make thick lines so you can easily peel off the snowflakes later.
- Sprinkle with glitter.
- Once the paint is dry, pat to remove excess glitter and peel off the snowflakes.
Manual Christmas activity to make snowflakes with children
Recycle a winter patterned scarf as a Christmas wreath
Decorate your flower boxes for winter
Make an original plant composition embellished with a few Christmas balls and branches with light garlands
Eucalyptus and holly wreaths hanging from the window
Minimalist Scandinavian style deco idea for a festive window sill
Snowflakes from coffee filters
Christmas garland of dried oranges and cinnamon
Original Christmas tree to decorate the windowsill
Display original greeting cards on the windowsill
Snowflake paper rosettes hanging from the window
Christmas window decoration with small silhouettes of houses
Personalized Christmas wreath with photos
Create a wonderful window decoration with these relief painting Christmas motifs made with cookie cutters
Adhesive vinyl sticker Rudolf, the reindeer of Santa Claus
Decorate your window sill with minimalist candle holders in glass bottles
Ikea tip for creating a pretty window decoration
Original Christmas tree and snowflake in masking tape
Making a paper Christmas wreath
Christmas window decoration in traditional colors
Pretty paper creations to decorate windows at Christmas
Bright star resting on the window sill
Inspiration for a wooden Christmas decoration made with a hanging birch branch
Attach your Christmas pendant lights to the curtain rod
The luminous stars are a mandatory element of the Christmas window decoration
Looks like a real curtain of suspensions
Scandinavian Christmas window decoration